My New Favorite Outfit: Big Changes

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Big Changes

For quite a while I've been itching to change the name of my blog.  When I created this blog over two years ago, the name really fit. I had rediscovered my closet and every outfit I put together was literally "My New Favorite Outfit." Now, two and a half years later, I still enjoy getting dressed and want to feel good in my clothes, but it's ok for an outfit, to just be an outfit.

I began thinking and searching and thought about who I am, and then I realized that I am way more than the clothes I wear, I am "Clothed with Grace" by an unfailing God! He pours out his grace on me so freely and I'm so thankful for that! The new name was born.  :)

So here's my plan. I'm still working on getting everything switched over, including Bloglovin' for those who follow me that way, so I'm going to continue to post here for another week or so. A lot of you have my blog bookmarked, so I want to make sure you have a chance to re-bookmark my new address at Clothed with Grace. I don't believe those of you who follow through GFC will be able to see new posts once I've moved, so you'll probably need to refollow over there too.

I'd love for you to stop over there today and let me know your thoughts!

Now, here's today's post!


First off, I love how this outfit came together. I think it's perfect for this spring and summer, and I felt great wearing it. I just got this top after seeing it on another blogger. I hadn't ordered anything from Sheinside before but have seen c/o pieces on other bloggers.

Everything on Sheinside is super cheap and it comes from China. The top I'm wearing today was only $10, and you get 30% off your first purchase, so I figured, what did I have to lose other than $7. I normally get a medium (sometimes small), but I ordered a large, as I've heard that the sizing runs small when ordering from a site located in China. It only took about two weeks to get here, which I thought was pretty good, but I'll tell you, you get what you pay for.

This "large" fits more like a small-medium in my opinion. It doesn't have a tag of any kind, so who knows if it really is a large. There aren't any washing instruction either; I ended up washing it in warm/cold and not drying it, and that worked fine, though.

So, although I think this print is absolutely adorable, I definitely got what I paid for. I don't think I'll order from Sheinside again. I know some bloggers who really like it, but I think I'll stick to brands I know.




Notice these cute bracelets? You could win at $30 credit to Lauren's Little Luxuries, enter here!



Top: Sheinside same 
Skirt: J.Crew Factory similar
Jacket:  Gap similar via thredUP (use this thredUP link to get $10 off your first order)
Necklace: Mariposa Medley c/o same
Bracelets: Lauren's Little Luxuries same
Shoes: DSW similar

Wednesday:
Linking up with:
What I Wore Wednesday
Random Wednesday

6 comments:

  1. Ohh cute outfit! Bummer about the sizing being so wonky!

    That's so exciting about your new blog name!! I changed my name a few years ago from Girl Gone Veggie to Her Heartland Soul and I'm so glad I did!

    Her Heartland Soul
    http://herheartlandsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi dear, you're so nice..i like your top and skirt
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new name! Very fitting.
    I've had a similar experience with SheInside. I bought a floral blazer from them last month, and I had to order a large as well--and it's still pretty fitted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely bright outfit, looking cute Ginny and congrats on the new blog. Were you able to switch your bloglovin followers? That has been my issue since my blog switch.
    Rachel xo

    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your e-mail response, did you just go to bloglovin contact/support or help or did a blogger provide you with a e-mail? I sent two e-mails this week and nothing. I guess I am having a hard time being patient, can't you tell haha. Let me know once you have been switched.
    Rachel xo

    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  6. The issue with the sizing is a cultural difference. I'm an American born Chinese woman and Asian women are just by nature smaller in frame. Now I don't fit into any clothes that I get in Chinatown. But as a child, I was so thin that all the clothes that I wanted in the US were too big, even the smallest sizes.

    ReplyDelete